Adam Schpanky's Journal|
[Most Recent Entries]
Below are the 20 most recent journal entries recorded in
Adam Schpanky's LiveJournal:
[ << Previous 20 ]
[ << Previous 20 ]
|Saturday, September 6th, 2008|
|Friday, August 22nd, 2008|
|Tuesday, August 5th, 2008|
Feeling rather alone. Not that this is bad or anything. Some of my best thinking is done when I feel alone.
|Friday, August 1st, 2008|
|Tuesday, July 29th, 2008|
|killer would-be sample
"Tell me, Mr. Harrigan...how does it feel, getting paid for it? How does it feel to sit back and hire your killin', with the law's arms around you? How does it feel to be so god damn right?"
- Robert Ryan as Deke Thornton, The Wild Bunch, 1969
|Wednesday, July 23rd, 2008|
|props to my dad
I don't know how he knew...maybe a lucky guess...but he never believed tomatoes were behind the salmonella outbreak. He thought it was jalapeno all along. I think my dad just dislikes jalapeno.
Sucks that he's right though...I use jalapeno in a lot of cooking (serrano too!) and can't find either of these peppers at my grocer now. It's not as annoying as the spinach-pull was a year or so back...I use that quite a bit too!
|Monday, July 7th, 2008|
|movie meme (stolen from jonthegm)
Below is the Entertainment Weekly's list of 100 Classic Movies of the past 25 years.
Bold the ones you've seen, underline the ones you plan to. ( behind cutCollapse )
|Wednesday, May 28th, 2008|
RIP Sydney Pollack
|Saturday, May 3rd, 2008|
|Progressive Nation 2008!
That was an amazing show! I was dancing, fist-pumping, and singing throughout! Opeth was mindblowingly awesome, and Dream Theater rocked the house with all sorts of extended jams, dueling solos, and their usual psychedelic vidscreen. Phenomenal!
Only sad thing is we missed 3
. Hopefully we'll catch them on a smaller US tour soon.
* Master's Apprentices (from Deliverance)
* The Baying of the Hounds (from Ghost Reveries)
* In My Time of Need (from Damnation)
* Wreath (from Deliverance)
* Heir Apparent (from Watershed)
* The Drapery Falls (from Blackwater Park)
Dream Theater's setlist
* In The Presence of Enemies Pt. 1 (from Systematic Chaos)
* Beyond This Life (from Scenes From a Memory)
* Blind Faith (from Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence)
* Forsaken (from Systematic Chaos)
* Erotomania (from Awake)
* Voices (from Awake)
* The Ministry of Lost Souls (from Systematic Chaos)
* encore medley: Metropolis (from Images and Words), Learning to Live (from Images and Words), The Crimson Sunset (from A Change of Seasons)
|Thursday, May 1st, 2008|
|movie meme: have you seen these?
Below are some quotes. More than one quote per movie. Figure out the movies, and match those to the quotes. Afterwards, roll your own.
1) Save my soul...and your own lives!
2) Describe in single words: only the good things that come into your mind about your mother.
3) At this moment, this is me at my most masochistic.
4) What if Ling Ling kept the cash and returned the wallet? That has nothing to do with either fear or love!
5) We just cut up our girlfriend with a chainsaw...does that sound "fine?"
6) Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
7) Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it? That's what it means to be a slave.
8) Do you still wish to penetrate me, or is it I who has penetrated you?
9) If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes.
10) I want him to witness the extent of my mercy.
Answers:( behind cut...Collapse )
|Wednesday, April 23rd, 2008|
Stolen from lisana
Take your iPod (or other music player) and set it on shuffle, then pick your favorite line from the next 15 songs that play. Post and see if your friends can figure out what songs they are from. Good luck!!
1. Darkness falls, light descending / From the sky and towards the ground
2. What I wanted now seems just a waste of time / I can't make out what has gone wrong
3. Optic box melted through / Sonic shock, silent clue
4. I'll blame it on the nights that could not be / But my heart blames it on me
5. If we make it, we can all sit back and laugh / But I fear tomorrow I'll be crying, yes I fear tomorrow I'll be crying...
6. Over and over always tried to get away / Living in a daydream only place I had to stay
7. I was a young man, I couldn't resist / Started thinkin' it over just what I had missed / Got me a girl and I kissed her, and then, and then / whoops, oh, no, yeah, well I did it again
8. The way you made them suffer, your exquisite wife and mother / Fills me with the urge to defecate!
9. I'm waiting in my cold cell when the bell begins to chime / Reflecting on my past life, and it doesn't have much time...
10. You played with my heart, played with my head / I got to laugh when I think of the things you said
11. I got the whole world thinking it's a holiday / Because they can smell the chum in the water from miles away
12. Someone take these dreams away / That point me to another day / A duel of personalities / That stretch all true realities / They keep calling me...
13. But the thoughts we try to deny / Take a toll upon our lives / We struggle on in depths of pride / Tangled up in single minds
14. One day I feel I'm on top of the world and the next it's falling in on me / I can get back on / I can get back on...
15. So much for the golden future, I can't even start / I've had every promise broken, theres anger in my heart / You don't know what its like, you don't have a clue / If you did you'd find yourselves doing the same thing too... (Hint...song name comes next on this one...)ANSWERS
1) Scar Symmetry - Abstracted
2) Gang of Four - Paralyzed
3) Voivod - Nothingface
4) Stevie Wonder - Blame It On the Sun
5) King Crimson - Epitaph
6) Ozzy Osbourne - Over the Mountain
7) Led Zeppelin - How Many More Times
8) Pink Floyd - The Trial
9) Iron Maiden - Hallowed Be Thy Name
10) KISS - I Stole Your Love
11) Aesop Rock - Keep Off the Lawn
12) Joy Division - Dead Souls
13) Portishead - It Could Be Sweet
14) Rush - Far Cry
15) Judas Priest - Breaking the Law
|Thursday, April 3rd, 2008|
|Thursday, March 27th, 2008|
|Economy nearly stalled in 4th Quarter 2007...
see here: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080327/ap_on_bi_go_ec_fi/economy
"The combination of slowing economic growth and rising inflation make the Fed's job more difficult. It also has raised fears the country may be headed for a bout of stagflation
, a scenario the U.S. hasn't experienced since the 1970s. Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke, however, has said that's not the case."
We'll see Ben. Believe me...YOU don't want it to be the case. You won't have any way to stop it except to sink us into a deep recession, as was done in the early 80s, in order to kill the inflation side. Killing economic growth does not make a lot of friends for Fed chairs.
As for stagflation...that word is appearing quite a bit now. People don't want to say the 'D'-word, but they'll use the 'S'-word. Both are bad words, yet neither has 4-letters.
As for my prediction...well...you heard it here
first, right? :)
|Wednesday, March 26th, 2008|
|Sunday, March 23rd, 2008|
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MELY!
This rabbit is a dead-ringer for Niblet. I took this image from one of laurenlall
's recent posts.
|Saturday, March 22nd, 2008|
|Friday, March 21st, 2008|
|Wednesday, March 19th, 2008|
|Tuesday, March 18th, 2008|